Best Recession Proof Stocks (Complete List):
I’ve compiled a list of the best recession proof stocks that hold up really well in bad times like bear markets and some of these stocks actually go up in times like that. Let’s move forward and take a look at the list below. You can view a video version of this on my YouTube Channel Here:
List Of The Best Recession Proof Stocks:
1. McDonald’s Corporation (MCD): First on the list is McDonald stock, which should not come as a surprise. Due to its wide range of customers and low prices, it has previously performed well in both good and bad times. In fact, this is one of those stocks that has even gone up in bear markets and with a (2.94%) dividend, it’s easily one of the best recession stocks out there.
2. Walmart Inc. (WMT): For similar reasons that we just saw with McDonald’s, Walmart stock is primed for profiting off a recession. Surprisingly, it has actually consistently gone up in recessions. So, I must not be the only one to want to buy this stock in a recession. Back in 2008, it went up over +15% while the rest of the stock market fell significantly!
3. Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): This stock is an all around titan that has gone up nonstop over the years and also has a nice dividend of (3.03%). As such, not only is it hard to lose money with a stock like this since it keeps going up because of its industry dominance. You’ll be able to get dividend income from it as well.
4. The Procter & Gamble Company (PG): Nothing new here, great stock for the exact same reasons as JNJ. Can’t go wrong with Household & Personal Product stocks.
5. The Clorox Company (CLX): Clorox stock barely fell in 2008. Of course, this is due to It has a brand name product that people and companies will always need. On top of all that, it pays a nice dividend of (2.67%).
Next, Some Hidden Gem Recession Stocks…
6. Iron Mountain Incorporated (IRM): You probably haven’t heard of this stock before. It is a bit of a hidden gem. Iron Mountain is a company that stores data and documents at large scale for Fortune 500 companies. Hence why it always makes consistent money regardless of the general economy, This puts it in a special position to pay out a very high dividend yield of (9.29%).
7. Realty Income Corporation (O): One of my personal all-time favorite stocks out there. Realty income is a REIT stock that has regular rental income that it pays out to shareholders in dividends monthly. Its annual yield is high at (4.12%). In addition, this stock is actually a dividend aristocrat, which means that it has increased its dividend payouts for over 25 years. As a result, it doesn’t really ever drop.
8. SPDR Gold Shares (GLD): This is a derivative of Gold, which allows you to indirectly own gold in your portfolio. Since gold is a known safe haven, it tends to rise during tough economic times and can be a great safety net for your portfolio by making it a bit more defensive.
9. Lakeland Industries, Inc. (LAKE): A smaller company that sells industrial protective clothing and accessories.With much more room for growth left, its market cap is only around 150 million. However, the stock itself tends to spike in certain conditions such as natural disasters.
10. Teladoc Health, Inc. (TDOC): A remote doctor visit online service. Sounds funny but the opportunity is huge. Even though Teladoc went public not that long ago, it has seen tremendous growth. People will always need to see doctors and by making it more accessible it now has gained heavy market dominance. What surprises me is that the market cap of this company is still under 10 billion. I think it could become a future healthcare giant.
Follow Me On Social Media:
That completes my list of the best stocks to buy during a recession. Don’t forget to Follow Me on Twitter and YouTube. You can also learn technical analysis trading with my course HERE.